Mecmesin Solutions for the Food Industry
Is it too hard? Is it fresh? Is it too sticky? Is it over ripe? Is it tough? How strong is it?Find out the texture of your products and put values to your foods sensory characteristics.
Do you need to test raw ingredients or processed foods to ensure optimum quality?
Test your product in the field, factory floor or research laboratory and easily establish quality parameters to maintain with Mecmesin.
Are you consistently making the right decisions about food quality, NPD and production methods?
Make informed choices on the best time to harvest crops, make formulation changes, develop products and optimise production methods to enhance the quality and, essentially, consumer acceptance of products with Mecmesin.
If you need to address these food testing issues,
Mecmesin can help!
We have a partnership with Food Technology Corporation (FTC), a leading manufacturer of food texture analysers.
Why measure food texture?
For over 40 years, FTC has been a leading manufacturer of texture testing systems for the food industry. These texture measurement systems used in conjunction with food fixtures are able to mimic the actions of a consumer when eating food.
Traditionally subjective opinions provided by taste panels can now be turned into objective food texture characteristic measurements, where manufacturers can easily assess whether a product is too chewy, hard or brittle etc, saving both time and money.
What does FTC offer?
- Texture analysers that are affordable alternatives to higher-priced systems
- High texture measurement force testing up to 250kgf
- Comprehensive range of test fiixtures
- 40 years experience working solely within the food texture industry
- 2 year warranty
FTC texture analysers offer great flexibility to perform multiple tests to identify different food texture characteristics.
- Measure the effects of your process on texture
- Bulk analysis of particulate products to assess firmness
- Assess integrity of cooked vegetables
- Compression test evaluating hardness to touch
- Penetration tests to quantify ripeness
- Measure firmness and elasticity
- Cut blanched foods to predict final cook quality
- Fracture and split tests of hard cheese
- Extrude purées and pastes to measure flow and consistency properties
- Test viscous liquids in their pots using extrusion cones
- Snap bar-type samples with rigid or elongated structure
- Measure flexure properties and storage hardening of products
- Break strength analysis to determine breaking point
- Stretch gums and laces to measure elasticity and extensibility
For help with your custom application please contact us on 703-433-9247,
, fill in our enquiries form or request a callback and we will contact you.