Solutions for Manual Handling
Do you know the precise force required to lift, push and pull objects in the workplace?
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment
by performing tests in-house.
- Test isometric muscle strength and analyse essential
aspects of a person's physical strength.
- Conform to industry standards and achieve regulatory
compliance e.g. ASTM, ISO and DDA.
- For optimum test results and repeatability we have
the solution for you!
Around the world, from office to factory floor and from health assessment facilities to surveyor practices, Mecmesin test equipment is used to check, optimise and maintain performance and safety for manual handling.
What is manual handling?
Manual handling is a term used to describe the transporting or supporting of loads by hand or by bodily force when lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, carrying or otherwise moving, holding or restraining a person, animal
- Manual handling can be divided into 3 distinct areas;
- Job task evaluation
- Door and building hardware
- Ergonomics and occupational therapy
Why test manual handling?
- Increase safety
- Minimise costs, reduce injuries and improve production
- Maintain a professional reputation
- Conform to all relevant standards
Mecmesin's manual handling kit
The manual handling kit is provided in a neat carry-case and is versatile enough to be able to test all these areas and more in one simple-to-use package. The kit, from Mecmesin, uses a gauge, gripping handle and suitable accessories to measure the forces involved in job tasks, facility safety, ergonomics and health assessment, providing you and your business with increased health and safety benefits and, ultimately, siginificant cost savings.